Landlord & Tenant law is a complex, specialist area. Whether you are a landlord or a tenant looking to rent or lease a property or just looking to review your existing lease, Willett & Co Solicitors can offer expert advice in dealing with both contentious and non-contentious issues.
There are many reasons why landlords decide to rent properties and while tenants comply with the obligations under the tenancy agreement the relationship is good. We can assist you in protecting your interests and hopefully help to maintain a good relationship with your landlord or tenant.
Unfortunately, on occasion, it may become necessary for action to be taken if you consider there is a breach. We understand the strain when problems are encountered and, where necessary, we work closely with our litigation department, to ensure you benefit from the appropriate level of knowledge and experience. We aim to identify problems that may arise during transactions and provide you with the solutions.
We can offer you clear, plain English advice and practical solutions on such matters as:
- Agricultural tenancies
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Assured Shortholds and Tenancies
- Enforcement of covenants
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Issues arising from the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Landlords' consents
- Lease negotiation
- Lease renewal
- Leasehold enfranchisements
- Recovery of service charges
- Recovery of possession
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Rent reviews/rent arrears
- Schedules of dilapidations